Programs For U.S. Teachers

Whether you want to improve your institution’s capacity to support study abroad, gain international teaching experience, or prepare to host international students, there are government-funded programs to fit your goals.

Information For U.S. Teachers:

Opportunities for K-12 Teachers from the United States and Abroad

Opportunities in English teaching

  • The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program places recent college graduates and young professionals as English teaching assistants in primary and secondary schools or universities overseas.
  • The Office of English Language Programs offers exchange programs for American educators in the fields of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)/Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).